Thursday, January 19, 2012

Here We Go Again!

On Thursday, January 12th, Dan and I decided to take on the challenge of a triathlon with Team in Training. Our event will be during the Pacific Crest Weekend Sports Festival on June 25th in Sunriver, Oregon. That gives me just over 5 months to somehow learn to swim…
I’ve tried many times before. From childhood swim lessons, to a college freshman Learn to Swim class, to my most recent lessons in the spring of 2009, I’ve tried and tried to learn to swim. It has been a complete flop each time.
Dan and I have been to the gym twice this week to work on our swimming skills. Dan of course can glide effortlessly through the water, lap after lap. I can get in about 3 strokes and then begins the gasping, choking and sputtering. So, we have a LOT of work to do.
Fortunately Team in Training is the largest endurance training program in the world. Their coaches, mentors and staff work together to prepare participants for full and half marathons, century rides and triathlons all while raising funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I’m counting on some serious coaching to get me swimming by June!
Please take a moment to visit our fundraising websites - the links are listed on the right. Dan and I each need to raise $3200 (yep, a total of $6400) for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for this event. We ask for your sacrifice of whatever financial contribution you can give, while we sacrifice our time and energy training to complete our event.

-- JAM

No comments:

Post a Comment