Monday, January 23, 2012

Lyndsay


Just a few weeks ago, my son's friend was diagnosed with leukemia. Lyndsay, a young, beautiful, talented college student, was rushed into immediate chemotherapy the day after she found out she had AML. I've been reading her Caring Bridge site and have been so struck by her positive attitude and heart for God. She reminds me a lot of my mom. At this point, Lyndsay is responding very well to her treatments and is looking forward to going home in just a few days. She will be in and out of the hospital continuing with treatments over the next few months and I am praying daily that she will be cured and not have to face this disease again! I am thankful for the research that has been done up until now that has given Lyndsay such a good chance for successful treatment. In addition to honoring my mom's memory, I will be biking, running and (hopefully) swimming with Team in Training in Lyndsay's honor and I will keep this blog updated on her progress. Fight, Lyndsay!

-- JAM

No comments:

Post a Comment