Friday, February 17, 2012

UPDATES


Wow! So much has happened the last few weeks we haven’t even had time to catch our breath and report! Here’s a quick rundown:

Swimming:  You know, when you start from rock bottom, any improvement in significant. I’m at least feeling like I will learn to swim a little someday. Our first coached swim was last night and I have a little homework to do – one baby step at a time! 

Biking:  First step is to actually purchase bikes. After a lot of research, we finally found bikes that we think will do the trick – without breaking the bank! It’s incredible what you can pay for a road bike. Yikes! We ordered our bikes from an online outlet and they are currently in Colorado somewhere.

Running:  Through our team, we were given the opportunity to have a video gait analysis performed by Rob Barnes, a local physical therapist with Therapeutic Associates. So I’m thinking I have a lot of work to do to learn to swim, I’ll need to practice to become a cyclist, but running is in the bag. I mean, I’ve run a marathon! Sigh… more homework. Rob was able to pinpoint through slow motion video the main problem that likely caused my knee injury back in 2007. So now I have some new techniques to implement when I run as well.

Fundraising:  Of course, the whole reason we are putting ourselves through this is to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and, in turn, patients and families dealing with blood cancer. We printed, signed, folded, stuffed and labeled well over a hundred letters that should be well on their way to our friends and family. If we didn’t have your mailing address, fear not! You can still donate to our efforts! Click on the link to the right “Dan and Julie’s Fundraising Website” and give generously to fund research for treatments and cures!

-- JAM

No comments:

Post a Comment