Sunday, September 9, 2007

Going Home

No chilly wind, no poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore

Where sickness, sorrow, pain and death
Are felt and feared no more

Monday evening, September 3rd, my mom went home to be with the Lord. Thanks to the tremendous help of numerous friends, I was able to be on a plane to Portland within about three hours of receiving the call from my dad. My dad, brother and I all were there with my mom when she passed away. I am so thankful I was able to be there and am overwhelmed by the generosity of such fantastic friends.

I spent two days in Portland and Salem with my dad and brother getting some arrangements made and details taken care of. Tying things back into my training schedule, I got to go for a run/walk Tuesday morning in Salem while my dad rode his bike alongside me. He was even able to keep his bike upright with the tremendously slow pace at which I run! It was nice to have his company and I think he enjoyed that bit of involvement with what I’m doing.

I would so appreciate your prayers and thoughts for our family. My parents were married for 44 years and I know it will be a huge adjustment for my dad.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    You are an amazing woman. There is no doubt you are your mother's daughter. Keep up running the good race, my friend. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete