Monday, September 17, 2007

Precious Memories

Last week I received a box of flowers from my teammates at Team in Training. It had been a hard day and it was a very timely encouragement. I’m so grateful for my team and I know I couldn’t do this without them. So if any of my teammates are reading this – THANK YOU!!

My mom’s memorial service on Saturday was a beautiful time. The church was packed and so many people shared the ways my mom had touched their lives over the years. Many of the guests I had never even met.

Most of all, my mom was remembered for being willing to help and encourage anyone in need regardless of their circumstances. She was full of grace and acceptance. Particularly during her illness, she could always build up those around her and quell their fears and worries. Much was shared about her love of music and how that was passed on to her kids. Her faith was the single most important thing to her and it made her the woman that she was – a fiercely dedicated, precious wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend. After the service, someone told me I was strong like my mother. I think that is the highest compliment anyone has ever paid me. I can only hope to be half the woman my mom was.

No comments:

Post a Comment