Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Words of My Father

How many times did I hear my dad make comments about stores that opened late? "What? They don't open until 9:00? The day's half over by then!" Until now, I never really shared that sentiment. I was a big fan of sleeping in and didn't really care what was open before about 10:00. But today, I heard my father's words coming out of my mouth.

It's been rainy here the last couple of days and since today is only a 7 mile run, I figured I'd just hit the treadmill rather than run at the park with my team. Anita-Nell suggested getting in some runs on the treadmill anyway to get used to running in warmer weather to prepare for Phoenix. So I was wide awake by 6:00 this morning. I put on my shorts, grabbed my iPod and headed to the gym.

No cars in the parking lot. Completely dark building. The sign says they don't open until 8:00!! Are you kidding me? I wanted to be DONE by 8:00! I'd like to actually have a DAY! Well, my gym is the smallest of all the gyms I have membership to, so I decided to try the newest one that is much bigger. It's not too far from my house, so I toodled over there, confident that it would at LEAST open at 7:00 for Pete's sake! Once again, empty parking lot. Dark building. Stinkin' 8:00 again! I couldn't believe it!

So, now that I've finished griping, it's finally almost 8:00. I'm off to the treadmill.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a change in you!! you're a morning person like me!! Way to go though. You're such an inspiration. I actually went 10 miles today and it took me only 40 minutes!! You've inspired me,my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie Hope your 7 miles was great this morning. Wanted to check about Monday, I am ready if you are. Let me know at church sunday.
    A-N

    ReplyDelete
  3. You be among cityfolk. Tha's yer problem. Us here in da midwest,we hicks 'n' hayseeds, we is used to gettin' up for chorin' before sunrise.

    MY gym is open 24 hours. ;)

    ReplyDelete