Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Twelve Miles!

Thank you so much to everyone who shared encouragement with me this last week. I know I’m not alone and I’m thankful for you all, my friends and family, who care about me and for me!

Saturday’s 12 miles was a little bit of a setback. None of my running buddies who share my pokey pace were there this time. I hooked up with some other women who are typically out in front of me, and I worked hard to keep up so I wouldn’t end up running alone. Well, the pace was just too fast for me. At around 10.6 miles my knee decided it had had enough running. It began hurting very suddenly and within just a couple minutes I couldn’t run anymore. After walking quite a bit it seemed to loosen up a little and I was able to run another short stretch. Then again, it ended up just being too painful and I hobbled most of the last mile.

I know I pushed myself too hard for such a long run. My total time for the 12 miles was only 8 minutes longer than the 10 miles I had done two weeks prior. Definitely too fast.

I went home and sat up to my hips in a bathtub of ice water. Sorry, no pictures. Nobody wants to see that.

On the upside, I did pretty ok on Sunday, I’m sure thanks to the ice bath. Only descending the stairs was a problem. Monday I was able to run more than I had expected and today it’s not feeling too bad. I can tell it’s still a little tender, so I’m not pushing myself. I don’t think I’ve done any major damage and I’d like to keep it that way!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Thanks for not posting pics. Hey,you're doing great. Much better than I could ever do. I applaud your tenacity and strength to endure what you're doing. Keep going strong.

    ReplyDelete