Monday, December 10, 2007

Baby Steps

Yesterday was tough. My knee was really hurting. I iced it several times during the day and obviously didn’t run or anything. Today I’m still resting and it feels a little better. If I walk slowly enough, I almost appear to be walking normally. I’ve been stretching frequently and icing as much as possible. Just the little bit of improvement today has been encouraging though. Hopefully I will be well enough to at least start cycling or swimming soon.

Remember, I am still several hundred dollars from my minimum and my fundraising deadline is fast approaching! You can still come in under the wire for a 2007 tax deductible donation. Rather than a typical Christmas gift, consider a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in honor of a friend or family member – particularly for someone on your list that has everything, or someone who has also dealt with the effects of cancer. An honorary gift eliminates a lot of shopping stress for the giver, saves the recipient the hassle of storing yet one more thing and can make a real difference in the fight against cancer.

Click on the link to the right or mail a check directly to me. Email me at jamn3kids@yahoo.com if you have questions.

And please forward the link to my blog on to others you know who might like to become a part of my team!

I will be wrapping gifts at Barnes & Noble in Boise on December 20th from 8:00 to 10:00 pm. Donations will be accepted and will go toward my fundraising efforts. Stop by and see me and help fill the donation jar!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Millers!!! We left our Christmas present on your donation page. Keep up the good fight, run the race and know your mom is proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, congratulations on your superlative efforts to raise money and awareness of such a worthy cause. Phyllis would be so proud to be at the finish line, so glad John and David will be there. Just made a donation in memory of your Mother. God bless you and all your family.

    ReplyDelete