Saturday, December 22, 2007

Made It!

Yeay! I have now completed my last long run - well, except my race of course. My next three weeks are less instense and my "long" runs are not nearly so long. It's just maintaining the work I have done so far and conserving strength for the big day!

I felt great today when I started out. I cycled a little, then did some brisk walking on the treadmill. Rex kept me company on the treadmill for an hour and a half, then I got on the cycle. Once my behind couldn't take the cycle anymore, I got on the elliptical. That didn't last long - I started to feel that familiar pain in my knee at that point. So I got back on the treadmill and that was much better. Julie spent the last hour and a half with me on the treadmill also. It was SO great to have company to pass the long day! Thanks, my friends!

So my knee was great pretty much the whole time today! I thought about trying to run a little, but decided against it. A long run day is NOT the time to push things. I am expecting I'll start adding some running in again by next weekend's 10 miler. Even now, in the evening, my knee feels just fine. My heel on the other hand . . . I wore my new shoes today. I had been breaking them in over the last couple weeks, but still I ended up with an ENORMOUS blister on my heel! I felt my foot slipping around at one point so I stopped to tie my shoe tighter - but I think the damage was already done at that point. My shins are a little sore now too, but overall I'm doing pretty well. Tomorrow I'll rest by sitting in the van all day driving to Salem!

Here's a picture of Hailey and I at her Christmas party at school on Friday.



3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog via chad. WOW! a marathon, you are brave. Good luck. Merry Christmas
    Lori (Emily's mom, Rickard's wife ;-)) Would love for ya to check out my blog. www.thevikingfru.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Kiddo! Congrats on getting your mileage in! I am ready to go Monday and Wednesday morning next week if you are. We could do a run/walk intervels. I have missed you the last few weeks. Give me a call 866-7414. Also can we get together to share travel plans so we can figure out how to hook up in Phoenix.

    Hug hugs to you!!! Anita-Nell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey
    This is so cool. I read my name in your blog. That is my first time to ever be mentioned in someones blog.
    I am so PROUD of you!
    You are doing great.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete