Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lame

I went to the gym this morning for my 9 miler. I managed to get in 3 miles on the treadmill before my knee really started to hurt. I got on the elliptical for a couple miles, but then had to get back on the treadmill because my feet were falling asleep. Does anyone else have this problem? My toes go all tingly on that thing. Weird.

Anyway, after that I bounced back and forth from the elliptical to the treadmill - whatever caused the least pain to my knee. You know, it was never so bad that I felt I couldn't go on, but I know I need to take it easy. I can't rush the healing process - even though it is making me NUTS that I can't run like I'm used to.

Now that I'm home, iced and showered, my knee is quite stiff. It actually feels worse now than when I first left the gym. This is maddening!

I have my final long run next Saturday, the 22nd. It's 20 miles. After that we have two shorter runs, then the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment